This weekend was really nice. Nick and Cindy, the couple from California, came over on Saturday as well as the Walsh's older son for a nice Christmas-y dinner. My host mom made a great dinner of turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, and vegetables. She knew that is what Americans also typically eat for Christmas so it was really thoughtful. After dinner, we went to a pub to go listen to music and shoot some pool. It was a really late night, but it was a fun time!
School is going very well, every day we have been having the students practice for the Christmas play next Tuesday. They are definitely getting better day by day. The amount of school work that I need to get through before winter break is definitely a lot to handle but I'm taking it day by day and trying my best to get through everything with the children. It's amazing how much work the students in Ireland do at such a young age. I think they do about 80% more work than I did when I was 4 and 5 years old. I suppose that that is true for every age group these days. Anyways, just a thought I had recently.
This week is a shortened week at Dromclough. Thursday is a holy day so there is no school. Nick and Cindy asked if I wanted to go Christmas shopping with them in Killarney and of course I said yes! I can't believe how close Christmas really is. When I think how it's only a little less than 3 weeks away that seems crazy!
Here are some pictures of the musicians from the pub on Saturday:
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Updates
Posted by Colleen at 3:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment