This week has been going well so far! It's the week of parent/teacher conferences so a lot of the teachers have been very busy preparing for that. Our class is also starting to prepare for the Christmas concert coming up in December. So there has been a lot going on! The teachers don't have prep time at school so most of the time, their work is done at home or during the day while the students are working on things in the classroom. My cooperating teacher has been able to get a lot of work done during the day which has given me a lot of practice handling the classroom by myself! I'm getting a little better each day at managing so many students at once. So things are running a bit more smoothly since I last wrote on here Thursday :) Tomorrow, my cooperating teacher will not be at school so I will be in charge all day tomorrow which is a little bit scary but I think it will be excellent practice for me. I had time after school today to organize everything that I will need for tomorrow which definitely makes me feel a bit more relaxed. I think that will also help things go more smoothly. By now I am teaching maths, science, phonics, and writing and next week I will be teaching everything which will also include physical educ, art, and religion. Those subjects occur about once every week or sometimes only once every other week. Because I am already teaching the core area subjects, that definitely helps me feel more prepared for a full day of teaching tomorrow as well. I'll be sure to write how it went on Thursday!
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment